Friday, November 04, 2005

GitS haul delayed? :p

@_@;
I hate when this sort of thing happens but what can ya do?

I scored the Ghost in the Shell "Official Log Volume 1" last night at a chain store - being that it was a couple of bucks cheaper than elsewhere (like, say, a music store). But as luck would have it, when I got home I discovered that my disc was defective - the DVD surface had a scratch on it as though the plastic was mal-formed at the factory. Ugh. I'll bring it back tonight for another one. Just annoying.

And this is the second of 2 GitS discs that I've had problems with in a row. Last month it was volume 1 of the 2nd season - the disc had come loose from its snap-down peg while still in its box. The surface of the disc was therefore scraping around the peg everytime it shifted... Luckily in that instance, the disc played fine (although the menu system was not particularly reliable). Still it wasn't worth my while to bring it back.

The instance with the log book is irritating because it's such an unusual item. Anybody get the "Matrix Revisited" disc? Kinda like a disc full of documentary features that, if anybody had been forward thinking enough, it would've been disc 2 of of a set with the first Matrix DVD. Well, "Official Log" is just like that... but done right. It's main attraction is not really the DVD (which is full of interview material and recap info) - it's actually a very nice full colour book - a few hundred glossy pages. It goes into detail tracing the history of the franchise and takes a look at the developmental evolution from the original manga comic to the present day anime series (plus all the video games and other minor tie-in material that's been published in the meantime).

On the subject of GitS, I thinking I might want to stop by the Sony Store tonight. Yeah, I know - overpriced stuff. But last week I had come across a copy of the PSP game for Ghost in the Shell "Stand-Alone Complex" and it was at a rediculous price-tag of $40 - at least 10 bucks cheaper than anywhere else. Why I didn't grab it on the spot, I'm not too sure. At the time I wasn't really thinking about impulse purchases. Hmm...

No comments: