Thursday, November 17, 2005

No news is good news

I was about ready to do another one of my usual "my computer isn't working" blogs...

I've been a little more active as FusionAce lately - particularly where family is involved but tonight is the first "free" night I've had to myself in a while.

Where was I?

Oh right - the case never arrived; still back-ordered when I last checked. It won't do me any good to call them at this point since I don't really care anymore. The initial rush of rolling around in a bunch of money from my back-pay has long since worn off. I content myself with what I have.

And speaking of my computer - the system clock's been acting all weird. No, it's not that well-known Windows bug with the funny speed-up-slow-down seconds hand. I mean the clock was really fast - at least 50% faster than it should've been. I was exponentially getting further and further ahead with every second. I came home after work today and it was like 2 hours ahead.

My final solution tonight was to reset my BIOS down to its "Optimal" Setting. That is, I'm running my supposed 200MHz RAM at 133MHz. But as babou told me over MSN tonight: "on your Athlon 1700XP, you're not likely to notice the difference anyway." That's not too reassuring.

Not much else particularly exciting around here that's not being filed under "everyday life." I'm kinda just chilling tonight and looking forward to a trip home for the weekend. It'll be a quiet affair. Gotta change my tires for winter. Maybe go shopping with my folks. Catch a movie or something. I dunno.

No comments: