Monday, November 07, 2005

another pointless list of goodies

I had meant to blog as FusionAce this morning but considering how I slept most of yesterday away, there just isn't that much to say.

I got home Saturday night after a good 30 minutes in the rain without an umbrella (go figure - the one day I left the umbrella out of my day-pack). My pack was full of other stuff though.

I had gone to cash a cheque at an ATM last week when I realized that after having finished my car payments my spending habits hadn't changed all that much. In fact, my biggest purchases were in the form of dental bills (most of which I've ended up getting back from insurance anyway).

So Saturday was a shopping day... for crap that I've previously told myself I didn't need. I decided, "It's not like I can't afford it."

1) Bome's "Blue" Devil-Girl. These sculpts are the cutest things for the cheapest price. Bome models his work after random doujinshi (amateur comics) artist covers and has an eye for picking out some very nice bits. This blue one I had decided at one point wasn't worthy of my collection because it was a strict repaint of volume 1 (which had red hair instead)...

2) Lumines. It's pronounced like "luminous" - don't ask me why it's spelt like that. It's a puzzle game - a bit like the classic Tetris. Available on PSP. I got it used for $45. And I got an Edge membership at EB-Games for 50 cents (since my first 10% discount was applied to my Lumines purchase right away). I'd previously thought it wasn't worth it since I hardly buy any games anymore... Ah well. The card's good for a year so we'll see. I just need to spend 5 bucks to break even at this point.

3) Bryan Adams Anthology. 14 bucks. Came with a bonus concert DVD. Too bad it was in stereo only (wouldn't prefered full 5.1, but it was free so...). Haven't had a chance to listen to the actual 2 CDs yet, but the songs in the concert certainly brought back a flood of high school nostalgia. *sigh*

No comments: