Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Old School: Ranma 1/2

I stumbled on this over at Youtube tonight and I relived my university years.

Ranma 1/2 was a comedy anime about a boy cursed to become a girl whenever exposed to cold water (and turned back to normal in hot water). The story revolved around a love-hate relationship with a family friend's daughter and also hiding his secret identity as "the red-haired girl."

This is the season 6 series OP.


In the episode I remember most, Ranma's long-time friend Ukyo has been secretly preparing a jug of her family's secret recipe sauce the old fashion way (allow it to ferment for years)... when of course, Ranma's antics accidentally destroys the jug. I can't really remember the rest of the plot but I recall that the jug of sauce was supposed to be her gift to Ranma in a marriage proposal (just like every other running gag in the series). I wish I could dig out that old fansub VHS. I wonder where it got packed up to?

No comments: