Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Food meme

stolen from ...well, the blogosphere, of course.

1. How do you like your eggs?
Fried and over-easy. Poached is an option.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
Very little sugar and a touch of cream in my western beverages. If eastern, obviously it'll be black.

3. Favorite breakfast food?
The Sausage Egg McMuffin from MacDonalds (I know it ain't healthy, but it tastes so good).

4. Peanut butter - smooth or crunchy?
Smooth.

5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
right now it's raspberry vinigrette ...this answer is likely to change by tomorrow.

6. Coke or Pepsi?
Coca-Cola.

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make?
Instant ramen (any variation)

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
Whatever they offer as "fully loaded" - I figure if I'm not going to do the work, somebody else should.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make?
A casserole of some kind.

10. Do any foods bring back good memories?
Canned pasta. I ate a lot of that when I was little.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Poutine when served in a small bowl - high-school cafeteria. I hated high school, btw.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone?
Chocolate milkshake - I never had one until college... and a special someone there introduced me to it.

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Anything that still resembles its living animal state. I once had Chinese roast duck and the butcher included the head (duck is traditionally roasted whole) in my take-out container... I totally freaked out. That said, I still eat roast duck today, I'm just more careful about what's on my fork before taking a bite out of it.

14. What was your favorite food as a child?
Lasanga... it was an unusual treat to have non-Asian meals in my household.

15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like?
Steak... took me years (decades?) to discover that if cooked properly, beef could be juicy and tender. All this time my folks were over-cooking steak!

16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate?
KFC ...don't know if its just me, or if the chicken's actually gotten smaller, greasier, and more overpriced over the years. But I distinctly recall it didn't suck as much as it does today.

17. Favorite fruit and vegetable:
Fruit: orange - because that's where OJ comes from. Vegetable: brocolli.

18. Favorite junk food:
Milk chocolate.

19. Favorite between meal snack:
Tall glass of milk. Kills my appetite for an hour or so.

20. Do you have any weird food habits?
I have a running list of food establishments I refuse to enter. If they do something wrong, they go "on probation" and I won't return for at least a year. Does this qualify as "weird?"

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?
I have no idea.

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like?
MacDonald's food. Despite how inherently disgusting it can be (especially after watching "Supersize Me", they also make really tasty food.

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
I'm not big on "hot." I like to actually taste my food and "hot" is not a taste - just a "sensation."

24. Can I get you a drink?
OJ if you have any. Or make me a cup of tea (any style).

25. Red wine or white?
Depends what I'm eating.

26. Favorite dessert?
Chinese egg tart - but it has to be warm and fresh, otherwise these things are gross.

No comments: