Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Crisis Commander 3

Finally going to put the lid on the Tau Crisis Battlesuit I've been blogging for the last week or so.

The last thing to do really is paint (and decals but I'm not a big fan of them). So here's a look at a common trick that's an offshoot of dry-brushing. I have slathered paint in large blobs - large enough that it will run into the crevices on the model. But I wipe off the excess leaving the paint filling in the indentations. Afterward, I will lightly "dry-brush" a darker colour to hid the mess so that the indents will be "glowing" with the brighter colour.

Anyway, here's a quick photo of all my "battle suits." They're all in various states of completion. You can see that some of the "eye" lenses still have the slathering technique described above and incomplete. Some have their bases decorated with "rubble." And you will never see this particular configuration in an actual army. The blue guys are my older paint scheme when I first started playing (I've always meant to redo those). The red suit is my rendition of Commander Farsight while the white one is my version of Commander Shadowsun - they don't really get along.

1 comment:

MrBabou said...

Oh yeah, I know that bunch :-D

Nice work!