Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Crisis Commander 2

Update: I have not been in the mood to do any work on this guy since Friday when i did some putty work. But one thing I played with a bit every day, was deciding how to mount the character onto his base (because his feet won't been enough surface to glue to the base).

Here's my ultimate solution:
I used a transparent "flight base" - this is a common stick that usually got onto a matching transparent base for models that are meant to appear to be flying or hovering. For my application, I had to cut the size right (becuase I still want the guy to appear standing on solid ground when I'm done). The standard flight heights didn't match the size of a Crisis Battle suit.

So cutting the shaft to the right height, I also had to carve down the edges to make it fit into the whole I drilled into the base. All this sounds like a commercial for my favourite tool, the Dremel, I know. But really, it's the secret weapon for any hobby enthusiast. I will mount using more putty to perfect the fit and then add glue to the feet once I confirm the position of the feet.

No comments: