Thursday, September 27, 2007

My VOTOMS collection

Pardon me while I go totally geek throughout this whole post. Scopedog was voted on ToyboxDX as toy of the year when it came out. That was a long time ago and I had other priorities back then (like hunting down a Soul of Chogokin Grendizer and that sort of thing. But I'll tell you what: I'm suitably impressed now that I have my own 1/12 scale VOTOMS. It's insanely huge and crazy detailed. And the price is right (now that Yamato's in business in North America).

And here's my modest collection:
I was able to grab pretty much everything in the line (well, I mean, all the upgrade packs) for just a bit over $200. A couple of years ago that would have been highly unlikely.

Now that I'm all grown up and still looking at all the accessory kits, I suddenly understand why little girls love Barbie so much... In the end, she's just a simple doll (with very few joints, for that matter). But it's all in the accessories. Something about having add-ons makes the thing more than it is.

In the photo above is the Scopedog itself along with two variations on the heavy machine gun (with and without the long barrel and the stock), the shoulder rocket launcher, an Uzi-like pistol weapon, a multitude of ammo packs and equipment containers, the parachute-pack, and of course the pilot figure (which was also sold separately)... Goes without saying that the ammunition cans all fit in the appropriate spots on the guns and storage hooks. Of course, while the parachute pack doesn't actually deploy, it does open up to reveal a series of removable bits of equipment in its storage compartments. Likewise, the rocket-launcher stores a set of 9 rockets, each with their own opening tail fins. The bazooka also collapses into a portable version of itself. Finally, mounted on the Scopedog itself is the flight-pack for zero-G combat.

I'm such a damn geek right now. Simple pleasures....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool Collection! I like the Transformers! The sexy looking girls are sweet too!