Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Proto Duffle finally arrived

Packing up for this Friday's speedball evening, I decided now was a good time to blog my gear bag (yes, the one I ordered back in June!). It arrived in September.
PBL screwed up again but I'm loving the Proto Duffle anyway. I was surprised to find it was the new 2007 version of the gear-bag. Same "Duffle" but with cooler graphics on the outside and the outer pockets have been reworked. Interestingly enough, the site still lists the older version of the Proto Duffle.
Anyway, it's got nice big exterior pockets on the ends to fit a hopper and an air tank. Plus plenty of pockets for tools etc. And inside is a padded compartment for a marker and elastic loops for up to three barrels. I'm also really liking the vented pockets on the outside: those will keep my really dirty stuff away from my "cleaner" stuff. The whole thing comes on a padded shoulder strap and even padded grab handle (which is a very nice touch when carrying decent weight in a bag).
I haven't actually brought it anywhere yet but I'm already appreciating it because now I don't have my gear just lying around the house.

No comments: