Sunday, May 13, 2007

UFS freebies

So there's something to be said about customer loyalty... which is funny in that I don't even play that many hobby type games. But obviously I made an impression on the folks at Fandom II downtown.

I stopped by on Saturday not really expecting to buy anything. I picked up a UFS deck a few weeks back on a whim. My brother had asked me to get the 2-player "battle-pack" a while ago and I did. But since I felt opening it would raise suspicions of pilfering cards out of it, I decided to leave it sealed until I could deliver it. In the meantime I picked a third character deck - Taki, the ninja from Soul Calibur. Which is ironic because the point of the game is that it mixes and matches characters from a multitude of games.

Anyway, so I'm at Fandom and thinking I have some pocket change to spare, so I pick up a pair of booster packs (no, I haven't even played once yet). And the guys at the counter look up and ask me, "so do you have a Mizer character card?" Then they produce a stack of foil cards (rare chase cards) and started dropping them into my shopping bag...

I suppose I should be excited. I mean it was nice of them to just give away these things (I have had several promo cards for different games in the past, but these appear to be actual legal cards). So here are the freebies I got:
The colours are a little weird, but that's because of the foil surface reflecting the scanner's light.

No comments: