Friday, May 11, 2007

replacing the feed neck

Well, if I wasn't committed before, I am now.

Here are the remains of my stock feed neck from the Ion.

I only put on my hopper twice since owning my marker. The first time was very loosely to take a photo when the package arrived for the first night. The second time was shortly before going to field it for the first time... At that point, I had attempted to remove the hopper by giving it twisting motions (which later turned out that I had destroyed the factory-applied locktite substance; guess I don't know my own strength). Since then, I just left the neck attached to the hopper and screwed the whole thing on and off.

Well, this month I'm pooling with some buddies to mail order a bunch of stuff. In this order I'm buying a Smart Parts "Q-Lock," a low-profile neck with a quick-release feature. So I decided to get "cleaned up." Unfortunately, I didn't realize that in twisting the neck off the hopper that I would completely shred the o-ring seals that were built into the neck. So now it's all or nothing because I won't be able to go back to the stock neck.

No comments: