Thursday, April 20, 2006

New speakers: overkill!

If y'all hadn't figured out yet, I live in an appartment - decently crowded already with my toy collection. This arrived in the mail today:Dunno if you can tell from the photo, but at the bottom corner of those bookshelf speakers cases, you'd read that it is clearly marked "2pc set." Firstly, nowhere on the BestBuy.ca web site indicate that they were sold in pairs (but the regular retail price probably should've tipped me off). In fact, under "# of speakers" in the description, it actually says "1." I thought then that perhaps it meant one driver per housing but that's not true either because it turns out each speaker box has a woofer and a tweeter built into them.
Second - they turned out to be way bigger than I expected... dwarfing my "slim-design" 125-Series front column speakers and the 125-Series Center-channel that I bought. What a shame to be using them as surround satellites. What a waste. Totally overkill. And to realize that I had accidentally bought 4 instead of 2... sheesh. This is a comedy of errors if there ever was one.

Now I'm debating whether or not to return one box (it's unopened for now). Or should I just keep it for further overkill when I move into my house this fall to use as the Surround-Rear satellites... Imagine that: 4 of these 6-inch woofers blaring next to my head...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, you can never have too many speakers!