Tuesday, February 22, 2005

So naive? Or just blissfully innocent?

Shrek 2 joins a growing list of films blasted by far right conservative groups:
http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2005/02/21/937915-cp.html

I like to think of myself as being fairly well-informed (and at the very least, well-educated) so I'm not going to embarrass myself by saying I'm ignorant to the fact that this sort of backward attitude still exists in the world. But I will admit I feel it's rather appalling, if not surprising.

I wasn't ignorant to the sexually-slanted humour in Shrek 2. And I agree with some parents that at a certain age, kids probably shouldn't be watching this film (before which, they won't get the sexual references anyway, and after which, they're probably old enough make their own decision on what's funny or not).

Now is it just me? Was I the only one who just didn't catch this?
I was under the impression that the bartender was a female with a hormone imbalance... say, a little too much testosterone. Kinda like that cashier at my local grocery store, who's a little heavy on the estrogen... Has little to do with crossdressing or being gay, I think.

"Now Bobby, do you watch gladiator movies?"

^_^;

1 comment:

Becks said...

She was supposed to be 'the ugly step sister' as far as I knew. I swear to gawd, not even fairy tales are safe anymore. *shakes head* Radicals. Kill em all.

*snort* *giggle*..

get it, get what I did there...? teehee