Thursday, February 24, 2005

reprieve... from everything.

Putting aside all that was going on last night with mum, I went for a skate on the canal today with some friends after work (what a stress reliever!). It was great - we did the full 7.-something K - both ways. Even if we wanted to go further, we couldn't ...not anywhere else in the world, in fact (this being the famous Rideau Canal - world's longest skating surface and all).

There was some miscommunication later on - one of the girls was expecting to call home for a ride but her significant other apparently had gone cross-country skiing for the evening. I ended up driving her home. Who knew it'd be out in the backwoods some 20 minutes out of town. In fact, she played the navigator and talked me through all the snowy backroads and hills that made my ears pop... the only thing missing was a Subaru Impreza WRC... and maybe some sponsor logos on my car.

Now it's 9:30pm ...and I still haven't had supper. Truth be told, I'm not really hungry anymore. Natch - I'll be starving in about 30 minutes. I'm sure mum won't be thrilled to hear I haven't eaten when I call home later tonight. Hmm... bad thing.

1 comment:

Becks said...

Awe! How sweet you are! did you do that with one head light?