Monday, February 21, 2005

the gadgets now (the ants in my pants)

On frequent chit-chatting occassions with Unattainable Dream Girl I've mentioned a certain game we call "DDR." If you've never heard of it, a spoofy interpretation of this arcade game was featured in an episode of Malcom in the Middle a while ago. The player stands on a 3x3 square pressure pad. A series of direction arrows crawls up the screen and the player must step on the appropriate squares on the grid... all to the tune of music - indeed, not unlike a dance.

And so naturally, being an at-home player (yes, I'm shy to play in an actual arcade, but also cheap since I don't want to spend the quarters anymore), I frequently find myself absent-mindedly doing the actual step routines with my feet while sitting at my desk... prompting funny comments from Unattainable Dream Girl the other day.

Speaking of whom, does anybody know when the line is crossed from playing video games to be adultorous? Lucky for me, she's not married... yet. *ahem* ^o^; *ahem*

Now where was I anyway? Oh right - home game. Picked up the newest edition on PS2 this weekend. This one supports the "Eye Toy" - a USB web-cam-like thingy so you now get to wave your arms around like a maniac to hit virtual targets while still hopping around. My brother commented last night: "it's only a matter of time. The PS2 console has 2 USB ports on it, why not bring out an all-in-one game using the Dance Dance Revolution pad, the Eye Toy camera, and the Karaoke Revolution headset so you have to do a complete song and dance routine?"

Groovy...

3 comments:

Becks said...

first... UDG would be shorter. *laugh*
I had no idea they had a home version! I LOVED that malcom. They recently aired the other fave, the krell boys fair. hehe.

I'm still curious why this is a dream girl.. is it because she's unattainable?

Ben-Ohki said...

For lack of a better explanation - the answer is "yes." Obviously I have a lot of time on my hands to ponder such things. @_@;

Becks said...

*chuckle* I always will remember a quote I saw on a yahoo profile. "no matter how hot that chick is, you can bet someone somewhere is sick of her sh*t"

helps keep people in perspective, I find. ;)