Friday, February 25, 2005

huh - what was I thinking?

So a new goody was at the post office waiting for me today:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Not sure when I bought this - the last couple of months since Christmas were a blur. I won this off eBay and just now I Googled the same item out of curiosity and it turns out I over-bid. Oh well - such is the way of eBay. Wish I had a decent digicam to snap my own pic once I figure out how to liberate Rei from her cardboard and plastic prison. (This pic is actually "borrowed" from the seller's own web site where they're charging what the original minimum bid was. I feel no guilt at "borrowing" it).

Anyway, it's just funny that at the time, my high bid just seemed "reasonable." And now, not so much. In fact, I can't even really remember what drove me to bid at all. There's something oddly ...mechanical... about this figure. Rather disturbing in an "I, Robot" sense. Not quite suited to the whole business of being a cute teenaged anime heroine.

1 comment:

Asaciel said...

Oh i saw this in my local toyshop...which I hardly go anymore. Passed by some weeks ago. :)