Saturday, October 04, 2008

Land Raider Terminus Project 3

My Land Raider kit arrived early this week and I've spend my time building it... and also assembling the left-over sponsons from the Predator kit I mentioned earlier.

Here is my collection of Space Marines tanks as of right now.
And a closer look at the Land Raider Terminus pattern:The details on top aren't finalized just yet. In fact, it occurred to me last night that I had to "cheat" a little bit. I had to dig back into my older bitz-box to find a non-pintle hatch because, obviously, each tank kit comes with only one of each (with a pintle mount for a weapon and without). But really, just like all the other mixing and matching I've been doing, the math still works. In these photos you will only ever see 4 non-pintle hatches... spread out over 4 tanks of course. This worked out because when I built the spare turret for the Predator, it also had a pintle-mounted bolter. (see previous entry)
At this point, I need to decide what to do about those hatches, any add-ons like smoke-launchers, etc. After that it's onto painting. And I also need to decide what to do with that Rhino which already has its black primer coat. Hmm... I'm not sure if it'll be on the red team as well, of if I should give it to the white team (who are in need of some additional support anyway).

No comments: