Saturday, November 22, 2008

What the douche?!

So if you've been talking to me lately, you may have picked up on the fact that I scored big time with Rock Band 2. Sure I had to deal with the stress of not knowing when I'd get it (and if never, worrying about how to go about getting a refund). The short version of that story is that I picked up my set from a local Sears Catalog counter only a few days ago. But I had actually ordered through their web site at a ridiculous $160 plus a $20 discount for spending over $100 on-line.

So with $40 of budget burning a hole in my pocket... I was excited to learn that Futureshop had the AC/DC "Live at Donnington" add-on track pack for only $30. That's just under 80 cents per song. But as usual something smells fishy.

Firstly, Best Buy has it listed as $40. But could I just walk in and price-match it? No! When one place has it in stock, the other won't!

Secondly, there's one of those monthly 10% off everything sales going on right now... but can I choose in-store pick-up? No! It's "temporarily unavailable!"
If I choose the cheapest shipping option, it's $2... which pretty much eliminates the sale discount... all for the price of waiting for it to arrive in the mail (the estimate being Nov27; that's 5 calendar days from now!).

I think what pisses me off the most about the situation is that I could have picked it up yesterday on the way home from work but instead told myself that patience is a virtue... But it looks like I'll wind up going in person later anyway and not saving a penny... and not having been able to play it during the weekend.

No comments: