Monday, September 08, 2008

when fast is too fast

I'm amused and PO'ed at the ads airing on television lately about how "reliable" and "fast" Rogers Internet is.

Last week, on a Thursday, I got a mail message warning me that I had reached 75% of my monthly bandwidth (that is, 45Gb total upload and download). Okay... that's fine I think. But then last night, the very same night my billing period rolled over I get an email telling me I've reached 100% (60Gb!)

One would make the case that I managed to use up 15Gb in the span of only 4 days! Fast indeed. Then again, this month has been highly unusual. My co-op student cousin moved in, my brother was also here with his own machine for Labour Day weekend. I've been downloading demos and videos like crazy for my new laptop and goodies for the new PS3. In fact, a glance at my bandwidth history shows that most months prior, I barely scratched 20Gb at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rogers.. the most pathetic customer raping company in Canada.