Sunday, September 07, 2008

SG-1 novelty mirror

Besides being dirt-cheap to get on DVD, Stargate has something else going for it on the fandom level: it has some of the most iconic imagery this side of the Vulcan salute or a Jedi lightsabre. I saw this at the Silver Snail and had to get it.It's only 10 inches or so across (not even a whole foot). Made of a polystone material, glass, and clear PVC, this a replica of the Stargate as it appears in the SG-1 series. And other than being a novelty, it thankfully also doubles as a mirror when the sheet of PVC creating the watery ripple effect is removed...I say thankful because I'm sure someone will kick me in the nuts if I told them how much it cost... On the up side, thanks to the reasonable CAD/USD exchange rate lately, I don't feel like I was ripped off.

1 comment:

MrBabou said...

Wow, awesome piece there! hehe