Saturday, January 05, 2008

Late X'mas - Round 1

Picked up a package at the postal outlet today. One of those "mystery packages" that customs won't touch with a 10-foot-pole because they'll never be able to repack it when they're done inspecting it. Here's why:
For one, there is no box. This is the way we roll in Hong Kong, brother.Rolled completely in bubble-wrap, yo. I swear, the world's supply of bubble-wrap comes from Hong Kong.Look like 100 kilos of drugs or something until you star peeling back the tape... anyway, here's what was under all that. My self-purchased X'mas goodies.The funny thing is, the thing that prompted me to place this order was because I found a place that offered the Japan-only exclusive red version of the Brokken figure. But I wound up padding my order with this unusual trinket.
It's a 1/2 scaled helmet from Kamen Rider The First. Now I'm not a huge fan of the franchise, but I did enjoy the theatrical remake of the original show and what better way to celebrated it than with yet another outlandish prop piece in my house.

No comments: