Friday, January 18, 2008

Clannad PVC

I treated myself at the specialty shop today and picked up a character from the recent Clannad series. This is Nagisa Furukawa.

She's a little nervous and shy. She was sick most of last year so she's been force to repeat her senior year of high school. She also regrets missing out on joining the theatre club and has recruited friends in an attempt to restart a new club since there was a lack of interest in her absence (forcing the student council to shut the previous club down.

Oh, and, also, she has a quirky habit of muttering the name of a tasty food whenever she's agitated. She does that to remind herself to look forward to a good meal at the end of the day when things are going badly. In the second picture, Nagisa is dressed as a kitty... I'm not sure why.

The tail is supposed to clip into place by sliding its hooked end under her jacket but all I could do was wedge it in place because I couldn't feel it snap in place or anything. The ears are held on her head by little magnets!

For anybody wondering, to date Clannad still (as of this post anyway) has not been licensed abroad so you can still legally obtain fansubs. Here's a good place with pretty good translation subtitles. They have several versions to choose from. Personally I prefer XViD codec (no real reason, I just find it doesn't suck as much CPU power from me as h264 codec for me) in 704x400 because that fits widescreen. Of course if you have the juice for it, h264 version also comes in widescreen but in HD size.

No comments: