Wednesday, October 10, 2007

the inbox this week

A few items of note in my Inbox this week...

Best Buy is starting a rewards program. It doesn't really grab my attention though. You get a few dollars back for every few hundred you spend. Kind of reminds me of Canadian Tire Money: I totally ignore it. That is, I ignored it until I started collecting it with my credit card (meaning almost EVERY purchase I made anywhere could get me free stuff at Canadian Tire a couple of months later). So far the Best Buy "Reward Zone" is comparable to the HBC Rewards... useless.

My mom wrote me an email. Turns out that Messenger roll-out I reported a couple of weeks ago not only screwed me up, but also screwed up anybody who had added my current email address before it became my Messenger ID. My mom's contact list in Messenger still lists me as "Non-Messenger Contact." Not sure how to fix that but I guess I can get her to add me manually - just need to talk her through that when I have time.

Yamato wrote back to answer my complaint. They said they were sorry for the mix up and that a new replacement part would be sent out immediately. I wonder when it will arrive at my door (or the local postal outlet). When it does, and if it's the right piece this time, I will heave a sigh of relief. And I will probably finally tear open the bag with the manual because I'm sure there are still more features I haven't figured out on my own on the Scopedog model.

No comments: