Sunday, October 21, 2007

Game Night Drinking

The weather's sucked lately and I'm always wanting to sleep... So when Saturday night rolled around, I decided to juice up a little with a Red Bull. Problem is I kind of dislike Red Bull.

So I try something else: Sobe Arush.
Here's the thing, there's two things I dislike about Red Bull. I get a wicked caffeine crash about 2 hours after drinking one. And second, it has a kind of chemical after-taste I don't like... it's like a diet drink or something.

What's Arush? It's the same sort of thing... but the taste is a little more "natural" (think cherry-cola). According to the can, it's actually quite similar to Red Bull but it's only 76mg of caffeine per can instead of 80mg like in the more well-known competitor. Does that make a difference? Probably not. As weirdguy was saying the other day - it's more or less like drinking two cups of coffee in a row.

Being a little less well-known has another side-effect: it's a bit cheaper. In real-world terms, a can of Red Bull will cost about $3 in a typical corner-store. A can of Arush will cost $2.50, but a grocery store is where the best deal is had. A 4-pack of Red Bull retails about $11 or so but Arush will cost about $8 - sweet!

As for the game tonight... could've gone better. We played mostly co-op and even tried turning up the difficulty level. Then ended the night with a Free-for-all (where I got eliminated rather early on). The AI came at me pretty early and left me scrambling but mrbabou moved in for the kill... fair... but not so much fun to go out like a punk.

No comments: