Saturday, August 25, 2007

DC Direct - Justice League of America

Not one to pass on a chance to squeeze us fan-boys for a few more bucks, DC has commissioned yet another line of their action figures this time based on the hit "Tornado's Path" relaunch of the Justice League of America (takes place after the latest Crisis and One Year Later business when the Big Three resurface from hiding).

I was saying elsewhere that I don't normally collect domestic stuff (it's just not the same aesthetic as the Asian goodies). But well, I was tempted. Plus, they have a Black Canary who looks half-decent this time around (I prefer her Birds of Prey/Identity Crisis look when she wore her hair up, but really, the figures that came at the time looked like crap to me).
Actually, what really drove me to post today was that I was so pleased with my little repair job. See, Black Canary's fishnets are obviously not real stockings... Unfortunately on my sample, the net material wasn't secured into her boot cuff to maintain the illusion of fishnets. I had to do a little knife-work to pry open the gap a bit and gently hide the ends of the nets into the seam in her leg. While I was at it, I also shifted the entire piece of net a little in order to better hide the seam in the net that runs along the length of her leg.

As for Superman... well... not much to say. I'm just happy he looks a little younger (ageless) than the previous action figure I own. The last time got a Superman, the mullet was still popular on the character ...perhaps the least handsome interpretation of the Last Son of Krypton, I must say. The cape is also interesting - it's a molded rubber affair and features a very nicely stenciled "S" insignia on the back.

No comments: