Monday, May 05, 2008

Who's the bigger jerk now?

I'm going to invoke Gabe's Greater Internet Dickwad Theory today. For the record, this is a true story about my family and I.

I was in Oregeno's Pasta Market in Ottawa's Byward Market area. The hostess accidentally asked me if I was there for the "brunch buffet or regular menu" even though it was already 1pm. In turn, I mis-heard her and thought she asked about a "lunch buffet."

So I asked about it when the waitress arrived. She explained that brunch was indeed over and that they were back on the regular menu. But then something really strange happened... she asked if we needed a few more minutes with the menu (I said yes) then without taking drink orders, she left! She never even came back with water either.

Another table was seated next to us - they ordered beverages first. Admittedly, while she was taking those orders, my mother (who can be naïve, sometimes) opened her menu again. Alright fine: that was a mixed signal. I understand that often a closed menu will signal a server to take your order. But the next time she came by to take the other tables' orders (you know, the one that arrived AFTER us), the waitress left again without taking our orders!

We discussed the situation briefly and then very promptly got up and left. I don't know about anybody else but I did make eye contact with the waitress on my way out the door. If there was any proof-in-the-pudding it was that nobody tried to ask us to stay or apologize.

I can be "understanding." I know that it looked weird - a group of people ask about a menu that was unavailable, possibly cheap (because my mother asked how much the buffet would have cost during the confusion). I don't blame anybody but ourselves for getting profiled. But understanding the situation doesn't make our treatment any less fucking racist. Racial profiling is harmless only up to the moment you make a decision to act based on such assumptions. It's like the staff did everything possible to make me feel unwelcome.

Needless to say, I've posted my thoughts on Yahoo's Restaurant index for the world to see.

3 comments:

MrBabou said...

Oh no!!! You have been a victim of racism... AARRGGGHH

Man, maybe like you say, you can be understanding, but you are obviously a very calm person (well, we already knew that), because anyone else would have made a bigger fuss right there at the restaurant. At least you went and made that comment on Yahoo... Some people just make me angry. She had no right, and no reason, to behave like she did. AAARRGGHH!!

Ben-Ohki said...

After reading other reviews on Yahoo, it's somewhat validating to know that others felt their service staff are below par. It doesn't make me feel much better about anything though.

Anonymous said...

Ah! I'm happy to see you blasting an establishment! i love these kind of posts! Reminds me of mine! LOL!