Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dreadnought Logistics

Yesterday I blogged about how I got my hands on that crazy big box of Warhammer 40'000 pieces. Afterwards, I assembled the Assault Marines squad and started going through the rest of the plastic sprues deciding what to tackle next. I found the sprues for the Dreadnought.While it's never explicitly stated in any of the official fiction, the Dreadnought some kind of cyborg that houses what little remains of a dead Space Marine. Cross a mecha with a zombie and you get the idea. The fluff details how the Dreadnought's "machine spirit" only knows that it wants to either "sleep" or to "fight" and is always tended to by a group of Techno-Marines or "priests" chanting their litanies.
As it turns out, the Dreadnought kit does not come with a manual. Instead, the build is supposedly so simple that Games Workshop saw fit to just print a blow-up view of the kit on the back of the box. The problem is then, there is no printed manual to include whenever a Dreadnought gets repackaged. I found myself in a local gaming store looking for such a box and when I did, tried my best to commit the image to memory so that I can get started when I get home. Thankfully it does not appear particularly difficult and I should be able to complete the build fairly easily. And if it doesn't, perhaps I can try a litany to the Machine Spirit...
PS: as you can tell by the photos, by the time I got around to posting this entry, I was just about done! I'm so smart. :p

No comments: