Monday, February 11, 2008

wow... I got caught

Wow, I'm now part of a statistic.

This morning when I checked my mail, my ISP had sent me an email saying my IP address had been identified in a complaint filed to them overnight. Oops. I don't really want to go into it.

It's just a weird set of circumstances. I haven't pirated a piece of software in years. And the one day I thought of something to add to my torrent client on a whim, and I got flagged for it. What were the chances? Sheesh.

Oh well, I've deleted the files in question and removed it from my torrent client. And all I can say is, "I promise I won't pirate anything again." But really, there's not much else I can do about it right now so... anyway, whatever.

2 comments:

MrBabou said...

Privacy. PRIVACY! And... you IP address???? Doesn't your IP address change when your modem is re-booted? What proves that this was your IP when it got flagged? Yeah, I wouldn't want to get into that either, but I'm pretty sure theey wouldn't have a case if it'd come to that...

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the internet police!