Friday, February 08, 2008

Coz i don't got nothin' better to do

So I have this unwritten rule I follow when I post, I tend to avoid naming specific stores and places I get stuff because it kinda feels like I'm selling out. But I'm facing a dilemma because, well, I feel like if I don't point it out, no one will ever notice it: I broke down and I'm giving ads a try. In the right column is an Amazon.ca box with my personal picks... most of the time it'll contain stuff found in my personal collection.

Anyway, I added 3 new items today but I need to warn you: I ordered those same three items myself today too. So we'll see how long it actually takes for my shipment to arrive.

Item 1: Invincible Ultimate Edition Volume 3
This item was listed in stock. It's a hardcover collection of the third year of Robert Kirkman's upstart title paying homage to the old-school super-hero genre. Cross Peter Parker with Superman, and basically you get Invincible... sort of... not really.

Item 2: Annihilation Conquest
This item was, for the longest time, listed as "Pre-Order" - right past the release date (which should have been 2 weeks ago). In fact, it only became available, according to Amazon.ca, today. And was also listed as "Ships in 1 to 3 months" whatever the hell that's supposed to me. It collects a whole bunch of follow-up adventures to the "Annihilation" war saga that raged across the Marvel Universe. See how tiny Marvel Civil War turned out to be when you look at the big picture? bet you never even heard about Annihilation, did you? Anyway, so Nova suffered from a "Green Lantern-like" plot twist and became super-powerful, Quasar got his butt kicked (and the powers subsequently taken over by Phyla-Vell.... And Silver Surfer ran off with Galactus. Or something like that. I'm all confused... but it was so frickin' epic and I can't wait to read this sequel event.

Item 3: Voltron Omnibus
This hardcover was listed "ships in 3 to 6 weeks." Yes yes yes, it's the old "form feet and legs, form arms and torso, and I'll form the head" deal. Devil's Due Publishing took a chance and jumped on the 80's Cartoon revival licensing thing. They scored big and took off with GIJoe, but a little known fact was that they also go Voltron ...which they proceeded to take several creative liberties with incorporating several plot elements from Hundred Beasts GoLion... Anyway, the point is, it didn't sell well. And in fact, was canceled amidst rumours that the final chapter had been completed by that DDP simply killed the series before it went to printers. Well anyway, this collection contains everything from that run plus the never-before-available conclusion.

So that's that - now I wait. I'll let you know when this stuff actually arrives. But by all means, feel free to check out any of my other recommendations! :)

No comments: