Friday, February 01, 2008

Pulse cracking?!

At first I thought it might be because I hadn't cleaned it properly (that is, you're told to clean your mask lens, for example, since the chemical residue from paintball fill can weaken the plastic). I had been hit in the hopper a couple of times before... but this is ridiculous.

Here are some photos (the cracks are in the center of the hi-lited circles)...
In this first pic, there's a crack running kind of horizontally (away to the left from the screw). The second smaller circle is just to highlight the chip in the wedge where the battery door should go.
In this second pic, there's a diagonal crack running up and to the right from the screw.
And in this third pic, it's harder to see because the Pulse has a bezzled cut, but there's a jagged line running upwards and left from the bottom right (again where the screw hole is).

Anyway, I've written to Draxxus's Pulse support. Not sure what they'll say. I guess in the best case, they'll send me a replacement shell (because really, no matter how bad the abuse during a game, they're claim is that these shells are supposedly nearly indestructible). And worse... well, either they don't answer or they just tell me that I've been screwing in the screws too tight or something. I'll keep you posted if anything comes of this.

No comments: