Tuesday, July 03, 2007

the week in the tubes

The timing was strange but could work out in my favour... I was wary of throwing stuff on my credit card because at the beginning of June I'd put on quite a chunk of money for car repairs... But I'm playing the game: will I get billed for July or for June this month? Hmm...

Amazon listed the full-length movie follow-up to the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series. It was due out this week on DVD so I pre-ordered it. Got an email saying it shipped today. Also waiting for book 2 of the Marvel Annihilation collection. Love to support the local shops but I'd be a fool to pass up a 37% discount from cover price.

Got an email on Friday night from PBL. Those are the guys I bought my Smart Parts ION from initially. 15% off everything on-line for the Holiday weekend. I still need a gear bag so I ordered a Proto duffel. I also padded my order with a new barrel. A buddy from work has the same Smart Parts Progressive 2k6 barrel for his Kingman Spyder and says he liked it a lot. Don't know when they'll ship... if they're as fast as they were last time, it'll arrive pretty quick (maybe even within the week.

Speaking of holiday sales, Futureshop and Bestbuy both sent me spam this weekend but I ignored it in favour to hunting for my own stuff. Actually I just stumbled on it at Dell. I had missed it earlier during the Days of Deals promo, but I've been looking for batteries. And it seems that Dell will at random discount consumer goods. So I was able to get an 8-pack of NiMH batteries for only $20. Got a shipping notice today!

1 comment:

Sleeplessjojo said...

Dude, thanks for letting me know about Ghost in the Shell! I am psyched at the idea that another one is coming out :)

Cheers and enjoy all your new toys and gear!