Friday, July 27, 2007

eBay life

I'm about 50/50 when it comes to dealing with eBay. I've experienced everything from a seller shipping me the wrong thing (sometimes worth the effort to follow-up with, sometimes not) to an outright rip-off where an item never arrived.

So I'm happy to report that from time to time, I decided to take the plunge and buy something else on eBay and the deal works out. It hasn't arrived yet, but I got a Hellboy Director's Cut DVD on Sunday. I finally got a feedback today (which implies the seller finally noticed I'd won and paid for it 5 days ago). I'm not complaining because quite frankly, I'm very much aware that sometimes, the seller is just a guy. You know, "just a guy" as in, he's got other things to worry about in life than keeping his nose glued on the auction he's running.

So why am I clamoring for a film 3 years old now? Well, the sequel is currently filming. And I never got this movie (but loved it at the cinema when it came out). And actually, I'm looking up the animated videos that came out because I've heard good things about them. I think the western world in general is finally starting to get over their "PG-13" hump when it comes to animated features (discounting the mainstream acceptance of anime, it's still a kid's domain really).

No comments: