Monday, July 09, 2007

Old Smart Parts Progressive

Interesting...
I arrived home to find a box on my doorstep today. As as you can see above that's my new setup. Notice anything weird about the tip of the Progressive barrel? Yup, PBL sent me what appears to be an older model. Their web site lists only the 2006 barrel (which has a smoothly tapered tip instead of a flaring tip).

Not sure if I want to complain. I mean, it's technically the same barrel with a very similar bore size (in fact, I did the 3-point test with a ball I happen to have on hand and it was closer to 4-point contact than 3-point contact). It's just I did not expect my marker to wind up looking like this. I will definitely write back to PBL and mention this anyway. They deserve to know that I'm not an idiot and that yes, I did indeed notice.

What I WILL complain about is that the invoice indicates they charged me $41.95 for it... which is a regular price of a Progressive 2k6 Barrel at PBL. Where's my Canada Day sale discount?!

No comments: