Tuesday, December 05, 2006

about clone strike

I still haven't been back to a comics shop since last week (I will go to a different one tonight on the way home). But if you read these two posts I found floating in the ether, you can sort of put two and two together...

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=20989
In this post the guy says there was some f*ck up with the European branch of WotC - seems the general rule is you never reissue an out-of-print expansion, but then nobody stopped WotC Europe from doing it. This was back in April.

http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=234048
Then in this thread, somebody else in North America (besides myself) claims his local comics shop tells him there's a full-on reissue happening. If you ask me, I suspect WotC turned around and tried to cover up the mistake from WotC Europe and make the reissue an official release...

Personally, I feel the secondary market for these things is ridiculous. Some times it feels like I'm the only one who actually PLAYS with my Minis - which makes reading material like the "Ultimate Missions" supplements very frustrating when they make reference to playing pieces that I not only have but are also going for $50 on eBay apiece.

No comments: