Thursday, February 05, 2009

another unboxing (pod pack)

Let it not be said that in order to participate in the activities I choose that one MUST invest a lot of money. I have several friends who play paintball with me who still after all these years have not purchased a single piece of equipment. Not even a mask. I have others who decided the Canadian Tire special was good enough for them (Kingman Spiders and JT masks).

But despite my own track record of acting like an idiot with too much disposable income (see my posts about starting up Magic: The Gathering), up until now I owned pretty much a complete set of essential gear for speedball except one thing: a pod pack.And that changed today when I opened a UPS delivery box when I got home.

I only got it because I felt silly ordering a baseball cap alone. Partially because I felt it was an extraneous piece of equipement for recreational speedball (you're in and out of a 5-minute match of semi-automatic fire; so I never need to refill while on the field). Partially because, I was never sure if it was worth the effort to find a pack that would fit my Dye Locklids. (I forgot to mention, those pods did not come with the pack, of course; they're unusually sized pods and I'm hoping that by stuffing them in and leaving them there for a while, the pleather pack will eventually stretch a bit). But unfortunately, it's nigh-impossible to find a pod-pack that will fit the Dye LLP and still have funtional elastic ejection. This one's a Smart Parts "sprint pack" in 3+2 configuration (that 3 in the proper ejection sleeves and 2 more in hidden straps between the first 3).

I have no idea when I'll be wearing this (if ever). But at least I can wear the hat. :)

No comments: