Friday, June 20, 2008

gear-grinding: no updates from e-stores

It takes me forever to decide whether to try a new e-shopping source. It's because being burnt once is quite enough. Many years ago, an ebayer never got back to me after claiming to have sent my winnings (I never got them; thankfully it was only a $20 item). But from time to time, I find that rare item I just "must" have. And when it's from a source I haven't used before... well, I spend a whole lot of time debating whether to trust the source or not...

One thing that does not help a situation is when I place my order and it just sits.

And I mean it sits around: the site does not update, there's no communication from the source, and for all I know, my money is in limbo while I wait.
I mean seriously... they even have this "check order" page - what good is that if it never gets updated? And yes, I snapped that today. I'm going to count it as a full week because even taking into account that it's actually Friday night, on the side of the planet where this source is located, it should already be Saturday, which in all likelihood is not even a business day. I'll keep you posted if I ever get anything in the mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although I don't buy from alot of online sources, I do buy alot online, and yes, some companies suck soooo bad, I have no idea why they even bother.