Saturday, October 13, 2012

Nerf Armory

I blame my good buddy Weirdguy for this. He's an avid thrifter (and borderline picker) constantly scouring local thrift stores for used wares he can turn into one of two things: a profit - the first rule of picking is that one man's trash is another man's treasure. And secondly, he can choose to have some fun... like the time he found a Nerf Vulcan, repaired it and subsequently shot at any visitors to his basement.

So anyway, one Nerf blaster led to another, and before I knew it, I had to get into the action. But of course while I'm so much into thrifting, I am definitely into DEALS. I'm proud to say I've never paid full retail for any of my blasters.

I paid half-price for the Recon last fall. A few months later in the spring, I got the Raider by trading in a whole bunch of Canadian Tire Money while it was on sale (and it came with a bonus bag of foam darts). I grabbed the Ravyen at -40% during the summer. More recently, I was able to find the ammo-box on clearance at one of the Zellers liquidations. And finally, as if coming full-circle with Weirdguy, I scored the Longstrike at a local Goodwill for... wait for it... $3.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is, with a little patience, the deals are out there.

Actually... I realize I lied. I did pay full retail for a Jolt (not pictured). But the Jolt normally retails for only $5 or so. Are we okay with that? :)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... Really nice blog. Awesome Post. Please keep posting bro your are doing really awesome job. Thanks for sharing this useful information with us.

Thanks
My Blog : Dutch artist Hieronymous

Customer recommendations for Towncar Service website said...

This is so helpful!

View this site for Top Towing in Georgetown TX service said...

that was a beautiful one. :)

Seattle House Painter said...

nice guns

Bankruptcy Attorney Seattle website said...

Thank your posting! Keep it up

View this site for Penguin Recovery 3.0 said...

I'd love it. Thanks

View this site for Cubic Zirconia Jewelry information said...

nice set of armory

Informative URL for Top Georgetown Tow Truck company said...

Cool armory! would love to have these sets for my collection!

Info site for Best White Plains IT Consultant said...

I would love to have that good collection for my kids someday.

Unknown said...

that was so fascinating


I found the best Skagway Land Tours Company

Unknown said...

can i bookmarked this because i want to share this to my friends

I found the best Seattle Assisted Living Hearthstone